Our next appointment was audiology. Tara's left ear isn't working with the machines. They say that it doesn't mean she can't hear out of it, there may be fluid. We will find out tomorrow when we meet with the ENT. Her right ear passed with flying colors.
We came back to eat lunch with our moms and Brooke and headed back around 1:30pm for the photo shoot. Brooke ended up coming with us...I think she is starting to feel left out or is missing us as we go away so much without her. Anyways...the photo shoot was so fun...Tara was such a ham. She posed and kept saying cheese for the photographer.
Our next and last appointment for the day was at Dermatology. Tara was super tired and fell asleep on Steve as he walked her to the appointment. The wait for the appointment was about 45 minutes to an hour, which let Tara take a little nap....long for us, but a well-needed nap for Tara. Brooke did well and she got some attention coming with us.
We headed for home in hopes to go visit some museums in DC...however, my mom found out that they all close around 5:30pm so we didn't make it and we probaly won't make it at all this week, which is a bummer since we are so close to the awesome city.
Anyways, my request is for prayers for tomorrow...Tara is going to go thru a lot. Our first stop will be at the ENT and then we will be going to the Pediatric Day Hospital where she will be sedated for the MRI of the brain, eyes, ears and they will be taking some more blood as well. After she wakes up from that she will need to 'try' to stay flat on her back for 2 hours. We then will learn how to do injections. So this will not be a fun day.
Tara's rash has been really bad this week, which is good for the doctors to see. I asked that we get copies of the pictures that were taken today because I'm hoping that in a couple of days we will never see it again. I heard this drug, Anakinra, is 'awesome and unbelievable' from the dermatologist. As much as I hate to poke my little girl everyday I have to keep in mind that it will make her healthy. Please pray for strength for me and Steve as we learn how to do this....
Until tomorrow...
Tara's rash has been really bad this week, which is good for the doctors to see. I asked that we get copies of the pictures that were taken today because I'm hoping that in a couple of days we will never see it again. I heard this drug, Anakinra, is 'awesome and unbelievable' from the dermatologist. As much as I hate to poke my little girl everyday I have to keep in mind that it will make her healthy. Please pray for strength for me and Steve as we learn how to do this....
Until tomorrow...
2 comments:
I am so glad you have been writing these notes to keep us informed of how things are going for you all this week. You make it seem like we are right there talking with you. We have been praying for you all and know you must be feeling alot of stress yourself. Please take care of yourself. I am glad to hear Tara has been doing well with all of her visits. Please give Tara and Brooke a huge hug from us - we love you guys!!! Love, Lisa
I talked to Dad tonight and found out about the rough day you had today with Tara. Know that we are praying for you guys, and hope that you can maintain your strength during this very trying and stressful week. Sounds like Tara has been quite the trooper - I told you those redheads were tough kiddos!! We are so proud of her, and also Brooke for being such a great big 'sis to her! We love you!! Kim, Shawn, Courtney and Lauren
Post a Comment