After a very long trip we made it! All we saw today besides the mountains of Pennsylvania were brake lights. We think that the whole world was traveling on I-70 and I-76. Anyways....as I type this my girls are up in the play room with Steve and my mom and mother-in-law burning of some well-stored energy. I can't tell you how well my girls did. We didn't even get a "Are we there yet?" until we got into Ohio yesterday. But needless to say they did very well.
When we entered the Campus are car was searched, which is procedure. We almost had my own mom wondering about us when the dog sat down next to the drivers door. Apparently the search team planted something in our car to make sure the dogs were aware of what they were looking for. Of course, they got a treat once it found it.
The volunteers here at The Children's Inn are wonderful. They are very helpful and gave us a nice tour of the facility. The girls already got a special present for arriving and they will get something special everyday in their own mailbox.
Everything so far is turning out to be okay, but I can't tell you how nervous I am for this week...I know my dad keeps telling me not to stress out. However, I know that if any of you were in my shoes handing your daughter over to a medial "research" team, you may wonder what is in store...which is what I'm wondering. I know that she will be in good hands, but this will be a rough week.
Tomorrow morning she will not be able to eat breakfast because we have admissions at 8am and labs at 9am followed by other appointments that will bring us into the early afternoon.
I'm not worried about Brooke at all there is tons of stuff for here to do including games, arts and crafts, playroom, etc. She will probaly wear out my mom and mother-in-law.
All I can ask for is prayers for Tara.....thank you for each and every prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment